Deck the halls with boughs of holly and fill your home with Joy...
'Tis the season to be joyful and decorations are key. These frames are easy to make - perfect for your own home or a thoughtful gift for a friend......
With Joy® embroidered letters you can create frames in any size. These letters are available in different sizes, fonts, metallics and colors and the white ones can be custom colored with dye, markers, or fabric paint.
Here are a couple of ideas for inspiration - the same techniques were used for both.... Read more to see how easy they are to make - large or small, you can make them all!
1. To cover the frame, center the fabric on the front, wrap around to the back then staple in place. Cut away extra fabric at each corner for a neat finish.
2. Starting with the center letter position the letters and snowflake on the front. Nudge the small ones in place with the tip of small sewing scissors, or toothpick.
3. Following directions on the back of the package, iron the letters in place, one row at a time from top to bottom.
Note: It may be necessary to use a small amount of fabric glue to secure the tiny monogram letters to the felt. 4. Staple a soda can tab to the back of the frame for a hanger if needed.
5. To finish, add a tartan ribbon across the bottom if desired then staple the ends to the back. Adhere the felt snowflake then add smaller ones and a gem to the center of the snowflake. There are so many different ways to customize.
6. To make the large plaque, you will need Joy individual 2" letters and a metallic silver letter sheet. Follow the instructions above.
Note: After arranging the letters on the front of the frame, I substituted the letter "O" with a large snowflake then placed one of the smaller ones on top. 7. Position 1/2" burlap ribbon across the frame about 1 1/2" from the bottom as shown, then staple the ends at the back to secure. 8. Wrap the burlap ribbon around the outer edge of the frame to finish. Add a small red button to the center of the large snowflake and a red quilt pin to the center of each small snowflake. Bend the ends of each quilt pin back for safety.
You can find a wide variety of Joy embroidered letters at your favorite craft store.