St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner! Celebrate the Luck O' the Irish with this colorful door décor that is a fun alternative to a traditional wreath.
You will need:
1. Cut one 12” x 1" felt strip from each of the following colors: Red, Orange, Yellow, Apple Green, Lagoon, Royal Blue and Orchid. TIP: Remember to cut inside the drawn lines for a clean finished project. Glue coordinating color Ric Rac to each felt strip. Set aside to dry.
2. Draw patterns for a cloud and a kettle onto plain paper then cut out. Using the cloud pattern, cut two shapes; one from each piece of white felt. Cut two kettle shapes from the pieces of black felt.
3. Glue one end of each of the colored felt strips to the bottom of the cloud and the opposite end to the top edge of the kettle. Apply additional glue along the top and bottom ends then layer the second cloud and kettle on top. Glue pieces of lace to the front of the cloud and jumbo black ric rac along the top edge of the kettle. Set aside to dry.
4. Select message then remove letters from the letter sheet. Position on the kettle then iron in place according to package directions. I used the tail from the “Q” as the apostrophe.
5. Trace and cut 1” circles from Gold and Goldenrod felt (about 5 of each color) then glue the "coins" to the top edge of the kettle in a random pattern.Cut one small Neon Green, one medium Apple Green and one large Pirate Green shamrock felt shape. Layer the shapes as shown then glue to the kettle with a green button in the center.
I hope you will use my "Luck O' The Irish" DIY Door Hanger as a jumping off point for some St. Patrick’s Day home decor!
You can find Joy® embroidered, iron-on letters, letter sheets and appliqués at your local craft stores.