DIY book stacks are trending and Joy® embroidered letters make creating a personalized set quick and easy!
You will need:
1. Peel front cover, back cover, and spine from three paperback books. Remove any title pages.
2. Apply a small amount of watered-down dark brown acrylic craft paint to spines of books with a piece of paper towel. Remove any excess paint.
3. Select a three word saying for the book stack. Carefully peel the letters from the Joy® Classic Monogram embroidered letter sheet and line up on the book spines.
4. Place a section of scotch tape over each word, pick up from the spine of each book, and lay upside down on the work surface. Apply liquid glue with a fine tip applicator to the backside of each letter.
5. Lift each section of scotch tape and apply right-side-up to the spine of each book. Gently press down, then lift up the scotch tape. Let dry.
6. Embellish the DIY Book Stack with several decorative ribbons and a silk flower, using
what you have in your craft stash!
A fun twist would be to add your family or kids' names to the DIY Book Stack with Joy® embroidered letters, the possibilities are endless!
You can find a wide selection of Joy® embroidered iron-on letters and alphabet sheets in different sizes at your local craft stores!