Spring is in the air and it is time to freshen Home Décor.
Say "Hello" with Flowers Door Décor! You can pick up a wood piece and hoop at the local department store and simply add Joy® Iron-on letters and felt flowers.
You will need:
Joy® Iron-On letter sheets in color choice
Wood piece approximately 10" x 12-14"
9" x 12" craft cuts Kunin Felt: (1 piece each in three color choices)
Fabri-tac by Beacon
Needle and thread
1. The wood piece was already painted with a rope hanger. Remove inner hoop. Center then glue to the wood piece. You can use the outer hoop for another project.
2. There are several types of felt flowers and you can find many tutorials. For a spiky flower cut a strip about 4" wide and simply begin cutting a jagged peak and valley cut as shown.
3. Gather with thread along the straight edge and pull tight. Roll up then glue to secure. Add another strip to create a larger flower.
4. To create the mum, cut a 4" strip and fold in half. Cut through from the folded side to 1/2" from edge. Make even cuts all along. Roll and Glue.
5. Create an easy rosette by cutting a 5" circle 5" into a wavy spiral. Starting at the outer end, roll up toward the center then glue in place.
6. Glue the flowers in place on the hoop as shown.
7. Center the letters on the wood inside the hoop, then glue in place.
Enjoy creating something special for spring!
You could personalize this design by adding your family name or "WELCOME".
Joy® Iron-On Letters are available in a variety of colors, sizes and fonts at your local craft stores.
Love the way you mixed the colors of the letters on this to match the flowers!