Creating home décor is quick and easy with Joy® embroidered letters! Reverse the wooden house shapes to display a second message to make double-duty décor!
You will need:
1. In a well-ventilated area (or outside) spray front and sides of four wooden house cut-outs with wood stain. Set aside to dry.
2. Apply a coat of white craft paint to the backside of the four wooden houses and then set aside to dry.
3. Once dry, peel liner paper from the back of the Joy® Varsity embroidered letters HOME and apply to the stained side of the wooden houses.
4. Apply a coat of black craft paint to the letters LOVE, then set aside to dry.
Tip: Varsity letters are also available in black with a white outline, but white letters are dyeable and can be colored with paint, dye, fabric markers and more to complement any surface you are personalizing.
5. Once dry, peel liner paper from the back of the painted Joy® Varsity embroidered letters LOVE and apply to the painted side of the wooden houses.
6. To create a roof for each house, measure then cut four chipboard rectangles 3/4" by 5". Cover each piece with the HVAC duct tape folding over all edges.
7. Carefully bend each roof piece in half and attach it to the house with a glue gun. Tie and attach a gingham bow to the "O" in HOME and a red heart to the "O" in LOVE with two layers of foam adhesive squares.
There are so many options to create your very own personalized farmhouse home
décor signs. Customize the colors and messages to make great gifts!
You can find a wide selection of Joy® embroidered iron-on letters and alphabet sheets in different sizes at your local craft stores!