Transform a clay pot with a little felt and fabric into a cute turkey with Joy® embroidered letters to greet for all your Thanksgiving visitors!
You will need:
1. Create the clay pot turkey: Paint the ball knob brown and attach to the clay pot. Cut out feathers from brown calico and Sandstone Felt, attach to the back of clay pot. Cut out legs from gold calico and feet from Goldenrod Felt, knot fabric legs loosely at the knee and attach to the inside front of the clay pot. Cut out a beak from Goldenrod Felt and a waddle from Burgundy Felt, attach to the front center of ball knob. Draw on eyes with a permanent marker and tie the ribbon around turkey's neck.
2. Select the Joy® Iron-on embroidered letters to spell your message then remove them from the sheet.
3. Place letters on several layers of paper towel and mist with distress spray stain, let dry completely.
4. Flip the letters over on your work surface and carefully apply liquid glue with a fine tip applicator. Set aside to allow the glue to become tacky.
5. Once the glue is tacky, carefully apply each letter of GIVE along the top and THANKS along the bottom of the clay pot.
Personalized clay pot turkeys would make the perfect hostess gift or place cards for your Thanksgiving dinner!
You can find a wide selection of Joy® embroidered iron-on letters and alphabet sheets in different sizes at your local craft stores!