Create an adorable fall pencil holder, personalized with embroidered letters.
The supplies for this project are simple and inexpensive.
- Joy® Iron-On Embroidered Letters
- Wood pencil holder (found at the Dollar store)
- Folk Art Paint
- Paint Brush
- Patterned paper
- Black detail pen
- Paper flowers and leaves
- Hot Glue Gun
- Paint the pencil holder with two coats of paint. Let dry between coats.
- Use a chalk ink to color the embroidered letters. Set aside to dry.
- Make a pattern for the sides of the holder by tracing on paper, then making a cut line about 1/4" in from the edges. Cut two, turning the template over for the second one.
- Ink the sides of the paper. I used a dark green then a touch of dark brown.
- Add faux stitching to the edge of the paper and the edge of the pencil holder. Adhere the papers to both sides of the holder.
- Using a hot glue gun adhere the letters to one side and flowers and leaves to decorate.
Joy® embroidered script, monogram letters are available in different sizes in white or black. White letters can be colored to coordinate with any décor.
Leave a Reply