Did you know that Joy® Iron Embroidered Letters are Dyeable? With a little fabric dye you can make your designs truly one of a kind.
You will need:
- White Joy® Embroidered Iron On Letters-LetterShop
- Joy® Embroidered Iron On Hearts
- Fabric Dye
- Small Flat Paintbrush
- White T-shirt
- Iron and Pressing Cloth
- Needle and Thread
- Dip the paintbrush into multiple colors of fabric dye and carefully paint the dye onto the embroidered hearts and letters. A paintbrush gives more control on where the dye goes.
- Allow to sit for 2-3 hours.
- Wash the letters and hearts with warm water and a gentle soap until the water is clear.
- Pat with a paper towel and let sit until completely dry.
- Set iron to cotton setting (or follow garment care label)
- Position hearts shiny side down onto the t-shirt.
- Cover hearts with a fine cloth. With firm pressure iron over hearts for 30 seconds.
- Position letters onto the t-shirt and iron for 30 seconds.
- Turn t-shirt inside out and iron entire design for an additional 30 seconds.
- Center button in the middle of the hearts and sew onto shirt.
Use care the first couple of times you wash the shirt to keep the dye from transferring to other items.
You can find Joy, iron-on embroidered letters at your local craft store.
Leave a Reply