You will need:
*Choose a plaque to suit your particular needs and an embroidery hoop large enough to fit on top as shown. Embroidered letters are also available in different sizes.
1. Cut 4 pieces of canvas cloth to cover each section of the wood plaque then, following manufacturer’s directions, spray the wood liberally with Mod Podge Ultra. Press the cloth pieces on top then set aside to dry. Rinse the spray nozzle when finished to avoid clogging.
2.Glue the hoop in place on top of the covered plaque with lo-temp glue. Peel the backing from the embroidered letters to reveal the adhesive, then press firmly in place as shown. TIP: Always start by placing the middle letter first, then adding letters to the left and right for even spacing.
3. Cut 7, 2" x 1" oval felt shapes for each medium rose and 7, 2 ½” x 1 ¼” ovals for a larger rose. Cut 16, or more 2” and 2 ½” leaves from 2 shades of green using the pattern below. If you have a Cricut® Maker, you can easily cut the ovals using the shapes feature.
Download/or print the leaf pattern here:
Make the Roses as follows:
4. Using adhesive dots, attach 7 ovals together in a slight curve. Press the felt firmly onto the adhesive dots.
5. Starting at one end, tightly roll the linked shapes together to form the rose. To prevent unrolling, squeeze together at the base then secure by spreading lo-temp glue across the bottom.
6. Create rosebuds by tightly rolling 3-4 shapes together. Position roses, rosebuds and leaves on the plaque at the base of the hoop, then glue in place. With so many pretty colors of felt to choose from, you’ll be creating bunches of felt bloomers in no time!
Joy® Iron-On embroidered letters are available individually, or in full alphabet sheets in a variety of fonts, sizes and colors at your favorite craft stores.