Do you like DIY?
I enjoyed creating this free-standing sign for a shop where I sell my handmade crafts.
You will need:
* The Joy® embroidered letters come in various colors, packages and sizes to suit your particular crafting needs. The letters can be colored with paints or inks.
1. Sand the wood and wipe clean.
2. Paint the board. Give a second coat if needed. Allow to dry thoroughly.
3. Arrange the letters on the board for perfect placing. Remove the release paper then adhere each letter to the painted board.
4. Position the stencil on the board. Use small pieces of tape to temporarily adhere the stencil in place. Apply a piece of tape across the bottom to insure a straight line. Use a stippling up and down motion to apply the white paint to the stenciled area. Carefully remove the stencil and allow the paint to dry.
You can find Joy® embroidered, iron-on letters, letter sheets and appliqués at your local craft stores.
Leave a Reply