Not just for embroidery, these wooden hoops are great for wreaths and even a
guest towel ring for the bathroom!
You will need:
Joy® Embroidered letter sheets - Gold, Silver and Classic white monograms
8" Embroidery Hoop
Tulip Color Shot - Gold, or other gold paint
Drop cloth* or small piece of tightly woven fabric - 12" x 12"
1/4" Gold RicRac trim
Glue gun & Lo-temp glue sticks
Small paint brush
Small Zip ties
Assorted ribbon & trims
*a drop cloth can be purchased at the hardware store for a few dollars, providing fabric for multiple banners and much more.
Instructions: 1. Remove the small monogram letters from the sheet. Spray gold color shot onto a piece of wax paper, or paper plate, then using a small paint brush paint each letter - hold letters in place with a toothpick. Let dry.
2. Cut a piece of drop cloth fabric about 12" x 12". Iron to remove wrinkles. Separate the embroidery hoop then place the inner hoop on top of the fabric. Carefully remove gold and silver letters from the backing sheet then position on the drop cloth using the hoop as a guide for placement. Remove the hoop, cover the letters with a pressing cloth then iron in place.
3. Fold the top and bottom edges under, iron then position on top of the inner hoop. Place trim along the top and bottom edges.
4. Push the outer hoop over the top then tighten the screw to hold in place. Trim excess fabric from the back of the hoop.
5. Glue rope trim around the outside edge of the hoop. Measure then cut the length needed. Glue one end in place at the top, pull the rope tightly around the hoop then glue the opposite end in place.
6. Attach greenery to the top of the hoop with small zip ties and gold ribbon loops/bow at the center.
7. Add additional embellishments if desired. Small snowflake and adhesive jewels shown here.
8. Use as is, or hang in the bathroom with a small towel for your guests!
You can find Joy® iron-on embroidered letters and letter sheets at your local craft store.