The holidays are upon us!
Look what you can do with simple wood pieces, paint and Joy embroidered letters!
You will need:
Joy® Iron-On Embroidered letter sheets - Gold and Red
Various wood pieces:
mini trunk, sleigh, small hinged boxes, pails (for hats), ball knobs (heads),
filigree with flat back, small peg person
Craft Paint: red, metallic gold, light peach, black, white
Paintbrushes: Flat and a small round brush
Glue gun & glue sticks
Red & white bakers' twine
Water container, paper towels and palette
Small gift sack
Cardstock - Black, green, red, beige
Decorative clothespin (for bag closure and holding bookmark)
1. Sand the larger wood pieces (sleigh & wood boxes) to remove any rough spots then wipe to remove sanding dust. Paint red.
Ball knobs (heads) - light peach,
Small peg - white and the
Pails (hats) - black,
Filigree (for sleight) - gold Allow all pieces to dry thoroughly.
3. Referring to photo, use a stylus, or toothpick to make 2 black dots on each head for eyes and the red nose. Brush a little powder blush, or chalk on the cheeks. Add a tiny white dot to each eye, the none and the top of each cheek to highlight.
4. Apply gold metallic stripes around the edge of the box if desired with a 1/4" flat brush.
5. Adhere the letters to the front of the sleigh and mini trunk/box. Glue a pail to the top of each head for the hat, then glue a head to the box and mini trunk as shown. Embellish the outside with snow and glitter.
Optional: Glue the small snowman and tree to the inside of the mini trunk to create a decorate piece. Add more snow and glitter for extra sparkle.
Gift bag and bookmark
1. Cut the cardstock as follows:
Black - 6" x 2";
Green - 5-3/4" x 1-3/4";
Red - 5-1/2" x 1-1/2";
Beige -5-1/4" x 1-1/4".
2. Layer the pieces as shown then glue together.
3. Glue the letters to the front of the bookmark.
4. Clip the bookmark to the front of the gift sack with the decorative clothespin.
Choose your favorite paint colors and even change the design according to available wood pieces. Decorated clothespins can be found at the craft store together with a variety of stickers that can be used to decorate the clothespin closure.
You will also find Joy®, iron-on embroidered letters in different colors, fonts and sizes at your local craft store in the wearables department. Be inspired and enjoy!
Leave a Reply