Welcome your guests all season long with this easy to make Fall Welcome Banner.
You will need:
- Two pieces of 8" x 12" plaid flannel
- Joy® Gold Iron-on Embroidered Letters
- Felt: Cream, Green and Tan
- Fabric Glue
- Various Trims and Buttons
- Sewing Machine
- Bamboo Skewer
- Cut simple pumpkin shape out of cream felt.
- Cut a pumpkin stem from tan felt and leaves from green felt.
- Glue shapes and trim onto flannel with fabric glue.
- Top stitch around pumpkin and trims on flannel using the sewing machine.
- Place second piece of flannel over the decorated piece and sew together leaving space for turning the right side out. Sew banner closed.
- Set iron to cotton setting, approx. 350°.
- Iron banner to flatten.
- Position letters with shiny side down onto flannel.
- Cover letters with a clean soft cloths, with a firm pressure iron cloth over letters for 25 seconds.
- Turn flannel over and iron the back of the letters for 25 seconds.
- Create a small pocket by folding and sewing down top of banner.
- Insert a bamboo skewer or small wood dowel on top of banner for hanging.
Joy® iron-on, embroidered letters and number sheets are available
in a variety of sizes, colors, and fonts at your local craft stores.