What do you get when you find an outdated plaid shirt and a small oval embroidery hoop
then add a few simple embellishments and some Joy® Iron-on Embroidered Letters?
You get a cute little Fall Pumpkin and a Quick and Easy Fall Decoration.
- Joy® Iron On Embroidered Letters in Orange and Gold
- 3 1/2" x 5" Oval Embroidery Hoop
- Old Plaid Shirt
- Fabri-Tac Adhesive
- Ribbon and Trim
- Acorn Embellishment
- Set Iron to cotton setting, approx. 350 degrees, or follow garment care label.
- Position the letters, shiny side down onto the fabric. Use the hoop to help with placement.
- Cover letters with a fine cloth. With firm pressure, iron the letters for 30 seconds.
- Turn fabric over and iron the back for another 30 seconds.
- Loosen the screw on the top of the embroidery hoop then separate the hoops. Place the fabric over the inner hoop then place the outer hoop over the top sandwiching the fabric between. Make sure the letters remain straight then tighten the screw on the outer hoop to hold the fabric in place.
- Trim away excess fabric from the outside edge of the hoop.
- Glue the green trim around the outside of the hoop.
- Tie ribbon and leaves to the top then glue a small acorn embellishment onto the ribbon.
Joy® iron-on, embroidered letters and number sheets are available
in a variety of sizes, colors, and fonts at your local craft stores.
Leave a Reply