Make a custom felt board this Halloween with with Joy® embroidered letters!
You will need:
1. Use a piece of wire to measure the depth of the felt board. Place wire into the pliers as shown, and mark top of pliers with a marker as a guide for the next wire piece.
2. Use the pliers to hold the wire firmly then into an "L" shape. Repeat this with the remaining wires.
3. Adhere a wire to the back of each letter. Hold in place until the glue sets. Add a dot or two of more hot glue to ensure the wire stays in place. You may need to trim or curve the wire to fit each letter.
*This takes a little bit of practice, so if you mess up and the wire slips, wait a few seconds for the glue to cool then peel off and start all over.
4. Fringe the felt by trimming the width into 1/8" wide strips with a 1/4" border at the top.
5. Use the hot glue to attach one end of the felt to the skewer.
6. Roll the fringe around the skewer, adding a bit of glue here and there. Secure end piece with glue.
7. Grasp the rolled fringe in one hand while you use the other hand to tightly wrap the twine around the top. Tie a knot and cut off excess twine.
8. Place you letters onto the board. The wire allows you to twist and turn the letters in a fun whimsical way. Hot glue some bent wire at both ends of the broom and add to your sign.
Cover the frame with washi tape then add any other spooky accessories!
Additional sizes of Joy® iron-on embroidered monograms are available for endless word fun. You can find them at your favorite craft stores!