When your little princess needs a boost, make her a small step stool and personalize it with Joy letters and embroidered, floral embellishments.
You will need:
- Joy® iron-on letter sheet - dark pink; 1"
- Joy® embroidered iron-on floral appliqué
- wooden step stool - unfinished
- chalk paints: pink, light gray, cream, varnish
- acrylic paint: medium dark pink
- glitter paint: light pink
- sanding sponge
- permanent marker: ultra fine point gray
- brushes: 2" flat brush; 1/2" angled brush; stencil brush; scrungy one for applying glitter paint.
- stencil - foot design
- paper plates, paper towels, water container
- Sand the wood then wipe clean with a damp cloth.
- Apply cream colored base coat to the stool. Let dry then paint the top of the stool pink and the sides gray. Let dry.
- Use the angle brush to apply evenly spaced pink stripes to the cream painted area of the stool, below the top. Let dry.
- Attach the stencil to the top of the bench then paint each foot gray. Apply a little pink around the outside edges to shade and cream on the inside edges of the feet to highlight.
- Add details by drawing a line around the feet using the permanent marker. Draw lines on either side of each stripe to give them further definition if desired.
- Apply pink glitter paint to the edges of the top of the stool and the inside edges of the feet.
- Apply one or two coats of sealer to the entire project. Let dry thoroughly after each coat.
- Cut the butterfly from the flower appliqué then glue the flowers to the upper left corner of the stool. Arrange then glue the letters to spell princess as shown below then add the butterfly. Enjoy!
This step stool is worthy of a little princess who needs a boost. Of course it can be designed for a boy by changing the colors and using letters to spell name, PRINCE, etc. You can find a a wide variety of Joy® embroidered letters and appliqués, perfect for adding special touches to your projects. Quick and easy!