I love the beach!
I'm fortunate to live close enough to the beach to visit often, so the shells and sea glass used in this project are from my many walks along the shore. Enjoy!
You will need:
1. Determine the size for the arrow. Sketch the design onto the canvas, then cut out.
2. Paint the arrow with the blues first and let dry completely. Using the dry bristle brush, gently sweep some of the gesso across the sign. Let this dry then add some brown with the same dry brush to create a weather worn look.
3. If you like the 'dry' look for the sea glass and the 'wet' look for the shells, paint the shells with some clear nail polish with glitter in it. This is totally optional, it all depends on your personal style.
4. Working in sections, thread the beads, knotting them in between. Wire wrap some sea glass here and there and add them to the mix. If wire wrapping is not your thing, the craft stores sell all sorts of ocean themed charms for your sign. You can also find sea glass at any craft or hobby shop. There is really no right or wrong way to do this. The finished length of each strand measures about 12"
5. Make holes in the canvas with the punch then tie your strands in place.
6. Add your letters and starfish with hot glue.
Look for Joy® iron-on embroidered letters and letter sheets at your
favorite craft stores.