Bagging it up with Joy!
Recycling has become an important part of life and re-usable bags are available for purchase almost everywhere we shop, just waiting to be personalized!
You will need:
- Joy® iron-on letter sheet - black; 1-1/2"
- Individual letters to spell BAG - white
- canvas bag
- fabric paint: light pink
- paint brush
- ribbon: 2-1/2" black and white stripe
- fabric adhesive
- iron, ironing board
- pressing cloth
- water container, paper towels, paper plate
- Unwrap the white letters but leave them on the cardboard backing. Lay on a paper plate then paint each one. Let dry then remove the cardboard and the white, backing from the back of each letter.
- Select black letters to spell "URBAN".
- Iron out any wrinkles on the canvas bag.
- Cut the ribbon to fit horizontally from side to side on the bag. Adhere using fabric glue.
- Place the bag on the ironing board. Add the letters then iron on using a pressing cloth following manufacturer's instructions on the back of the package.
Enjoy your urban bag and don't foget to make one for a friend!
Joy letters can be used to personalize bags, shirts, just about anything you can think of! Check out more designs on the Creating with JOY blog. You can find Joy® iron-on embroidered alphabet letter sheets at your local craft store.