Time to get ready for Spring!
As soon as the calendar turns to March, I start thinking Spring.
It's right around the corner and I can hardly wait.
To make the "Welcome Spring" banner you'll need:
1. Add several drops of dye ink to each misting bottle.
2. Remove letters from the backing sheet and place on a silicone mat (or wax paper).
3. Spritz the letters with both blue and green ink for a variegated look. Allow the ink to soak into the letters then dab away excess ink and water with a paper towel. Let dry.
4. Create simple, hand drawn flower (small and medium), circle and leaf patterns onto paper. Cut then trace around the patterns onto white felt. Cut out.
5. Spray the leaves green; set aside then spray the flowers and circles one color at a time. Let dry.
6. Layer the circle, small flower and large flower on top of each other then stitch in place. Use a small amount of glue to hold the pieces in place while you stitch.
7. To create the banner shape, fold the second piece of felt in half lengthways. Cut diagonally across the bottom from the center fold to a point about 3" up from the bottom corner on the outer edges. Stitch the flowers to the banner using a button at the center of each one. Tuck leaves underneath the outer edges of the flowers then stitch in place.
8. Position, then glue the letters in place as shown. Use a sewing machine to stitch the banner to backing material, then stitch trim in place across the top and around the bottom edge if desired.
10. Create a casing along the top edge. Insert a dowel then tie a length of jute or yarn at each end to create a hanger.
If you need to finish your banner in less time, glue the flowers, leaves and trim in place, then use a fusible interfacing to adhere the felt banner to a backing.
Look for Joy® iron-on embroidered alphabet letter sheets at your local craft store.