Celebrate the joy of Easter with a Peek-a-Boo bunny wreath!
Decorate your home with this bright and cheery, felt Easter egg wreath with (or without) a peek-a-boo bunny. Hang either inside or outside for all to enjoy this Easter season! You will need:
1. Place the wreath on a firm surface then push the ring firmly into the center of the wreath until it rests on the surface underneath. This will create a level surface on the underside for shapes. Note: you may need to cut the ring into 2 pieces, then trim about 1/2" from one of the ends for a snug fit.
2. Wrap the wreath and ring with burlap ribbon. Secure the end with 2 or 3 ball head quilt pins.
3. Download then print the patterns. Cut 4 pink, 4 yellow and 3 blue felt egg shapes. Glue each colored shape to white felt then cut around the outside about 1/8" from the edge.
4. Glue (or pin*) to the wreath. Remove the backing from each letter then place at the center of each egg shape as shown. If you choose to pin the egg to the wreath, use regular pins and place where they will be covered by the letter.
5. Cut the basic bunny shapes from white felt. Cut 2 inner ear shapes (smaller) and the simple heart shape from pink felt. Glue the body and legs, ears and head together, add the buttons for eyes then color the bunny's cheeks with pink chalk (or blush from your cosmetic bag). Attach to the back of the wreath with quilt pins.
Not just for decorating wreaths, you can also use the felt shapes to create a "HAPPY EASTER" banner, or ornaments by simply adding a bow and hanger at the top.
Use the egg shape pattern to create additional egg shapes with leftover felt then glue to the back of the ones with letters. Decorate this side with trim you have on hand then add small embroidered letters from the Joy® Baby Monogram letter sheet to create a personalized felt ornament to hang on an Easter tree! Use initials for longer names.
May your Easter weekend be filled with Joy!
These felt egg ornaments are also featured on the Life in the Craft Lane blog.
You can always find Joy at your local craft store 😜