These miniature stocking candy cane holders are just the right size to adorn a package or hang on a tree! This is a fun craft the whole family will enjoy! You will need: Joy® Iron-on Embroidered Classic Monograms Craft Felt - red, green and white Cardstock Black marker Scissors Embroidery thread and needle Permanent markers - red & green Rhinestones Clear adhesive Candy canes
1. Draw a stocking pattern similar to the one shown. It should be at least 1" x 6", large enough to comfortably hold a candy cane.
2. Trace the stocking pattern onto felt. You will need two pieces for each stocking. Cut two cuffs from white felt for the top and a strip of felt, about 3/4" x 4" for the hanger.
3. Use a simple running stitch about 1/2" from the top edge to attach a cuff to the top of each stocking. Fold over at the top, then stitch in place along the top edge.
4. With the cuffs on the outside, place the two stocking halves on-top of each other, then starting at the top edge, stitch the pieces together. Add the hanger at top edge as you finish.
5. Use the markers to color the letters and Rhinestones to match the color of felt.
6. Glue the letters and rhinestones to the top of the stockings. Allow the glue to dry, then place a candy cane in each stocking for all to enjoy!
Look for Joy® iron-on embroidered letters and numbers at your favorite craft store. They're available in different sizes, colors and fonts, suitable for every occasion.
Leave a Reply