* Feliz Navidad * Frohliche Weihnachten* Joyeux Noel * Buon Natale *
Say "Merry Christmas" in any language with Joy!
A garland is always on trend whatever your holiday decorating style. This one is easy to make and can be customized to match any décor. You will need: Joy® Iron-on 3-D Embroidered Letter Sheet Two, 9" x 12" Kunin® Classic Felt - Red 9" x 12" Kunin® Glitterfelt™ - White (or 3" snowflakes) Canvas fabric (a drop cloth used for this project) 12" Pom Pom Trim - White Red/White Bakers Twine Large eye tapestry needle Fabric glue Scissors
SNOWFLAKES: I cut my own 3" snowflakes from glitter felt on the Cricut® Maker, an electronic shape cutting machine. If this option is not available, you may be able to purchase packages of 3" snowflakes at your local craft store. You will need one snowflake per letter.
1. Cut a 3" x 4" canvas rectangle for each letter. Adjust this size if your snowflakes are larger/smaller than 3". Cut so the top of the rectangle is at the folded and stitched edge at the top of the drop cloth. If this is not possible, cut the rectangle 1/2" longer. Fold over at the top then secure with glue to create a casement for the twine.
2. Center the snowflake on one piece of canvas then use as a guide to cut the bottom of the rectangle as shown. Use this piece as your pattern to cut the remaining pieces.
3. Fray the side edges of each piece. Trim if needed.
4. Arrange, then glue the pieces onto the red felt with the top edge of each piece aligned with the edges of the felt.
5. Cut around each piece about 1/8" from the edges of the canvas.
6. Glue one snowflake to each piece then iron each letter in place following directions on the back of the package.
TIP: Pull the fabric away from the backing of the letter sheet, roll inward and the letters will easily release from the fabric.
7. Glue one pom pom to the point at the bottom of each banner between the canvas and the felt.
TIP: Place a spot of glue at the point where the threads meet so the threads won't separate when the trim is cut.
8. Glue a piece of bakers twine across the top of each piece.
9. To create the garland, thread the end of the bakers' twine onto the needle then pull the twine through the casing at the top of each finished piece. Leave about 12" of twine at each end of the garland.
10. Make a small bow from the bakers twine then glue to the center at the top of each piece to finish.
May your home be filled with love, laughter and joy this season and always…..
Joy embroidered letters and numbers can be found in a variety of colors, fonts and sizes at your favorite craft stores!