Fall leaves, pumpkins, cooler weather and the joy of Thanksgiving. A wonderfully colorful season to decorate with Joy® iron-on embroidered letters and fill your home with joyful sayings!
You will need:
Joy® Iron-on Embroidered letter sheet - Gold 10" Wood Embroidery Hoop Felt - Dark Brown and Orange Embroidery Floss and needle (Optional) Fabric glue Canvas Cloth (I use canvas drop cloth)
1. Cut 4 branches of leaves from the dark brown felt using the png file below and the Cricut® Maker® electronic shape cutting machine, or simply drag the pattern onto your computer desktop then print and trace onto felt.
2. Place the embroidery hoop on the canvas cloth. Arrange the letters and the leaves at the center. Remove the hoop and leaves then, following directions on the letter sheet package, iron the letters in place.
3. Separate the embroidery hoop rings, then place the cloth over the center of the inner ring of the embroidery hoop. Press the outer ring over the top then tighten. Pull the edges of the cloth until it is tight and the words are at the center.
4. Cut the approximate shape of a pumpkin from orange felt then glue at the center, beneath the words. Glue an extra leaf and stem at the top of the pumpkin and the branches around the words. Trim the excess cloth away from the edge of the hoop.
5. Optional. Oversew the stems of each branch with embroidery floss for added dimension, then add small running stitches on the pumpkin and down the center of the single leaf.
6. Add a floral pik to the top of the embroidery hoop wreath to finish.
Joy iron-on, embroidered letters and numbers are available in a variety of sizes, colors and fonts at your local craft stores.
Leave a Reply