Share the JOY this Christmas with this simple wood house project.
For my “Joyful Village," I started with some wood trim scrap pieces cut into simple whimsical house shapes. My pieces measure 4″ x 2″, 3″ x 2-3/4″ and 3-1/2″ x 2-1/4″.
I painted each house with a couple coats of a nice brownish gray.
After painting the houses…
- Create a roof with a strip of black corrugated paper.
- Add color to white embroidered letters (if desired) by dampening them with water, then rubbing them across an ink pad.
- Glue a letter on to each house.
- Make a mini wreath and swags using pine craft stems.
- Print out the date on white cardstock and punch out each number with a punch to fit inside small metal charm frames.
- Tie the charms to the wreath and swags with ribbon and glue them onto the front of each house.