The holidays are upon us! Here's a cute hoop art project. The great thing is there is NO sewing involved for this project! Here's the other secret... I didn't have any O's left in my Joy letter stash, so I used the letter 'Q' and covered it with a felt holly leaf! It's a great way to stretch a letter set. Supplies:
- 6" embroidery hoop
- Black acrylic craft paint (optional)
- 8" square of red felt
- Craft glue
- Joy embroidered letters - You can find Joy Letters at your local craft store!
- Green felt scraps
- Red buttons
- Ribbons, rosettes and other embellishments
- Paint the embroidery hoop with black paint. This is optional! You can get a more rustic look by simply using the wood hoop in it's natural, wood color.
- Once the paint on the hoop is dry, place the square of red felt into the hoop and secure.
- Arrange the Joy Letters in the center of the hoop, then add embellishments like holly cut from green felt scraps, buttons, rosettes, and ribbons. When you are happy with the placement of the letters and embellishments, glue everything in place.
4. Allow the glue to dry thoroughly then carefully cut the excess felt around the outside of the hoop and hang.
I hope you have a very JOYful Holiday Season!
Please come and visit me on my blog to get tons of holiday inspiration.
Leave a Reply