Decorative pillows customized with Joy 3-D embroidered letters are a great way to add a seasonal touch to any room and SO easy to make. Just add letters to a purchased pillow and voilà, you'll have a holiday pillow in no time at all! You will need: JOY 3-D Embroidered White Varsity letters
18"x18" pillow Felt snowflake embellishment Tulip® Color Shot Instant Fabric Color - Silver Shimmer Holographic silver yarn Silver thread 4 decorative silver beads with large holes (or pony beads)
1. Spray the letters with silver fabric paint (or other color) if desired, but white letters look just as pretty. Remove the backing then press in place on the pillow.
2. Add a silver yarn tassel to each corner to finish.
Tassels are easy to make:
1. Wrap yarn around your fingers, a 3" wide piece of card, or a quilt ruler.
2. Use a tapestry needle to pull a 6" piece of silver thread thru the loops of yarn at the top. Knot the ends together to secure.
3. Slide the loops of yarn off the quilt ruler then cut the loops at the opposite end. Slide the bead onto the threads used to tie the loops at the top.
4. Pull the bead down over the loops, about 3/4" from the top to create the tassel. Use the threads to attach the tassel to the corner of the pillow.
Decorative pillows are fun and easy to make for your own home or a friend's. Enjoy!
You can find Joy Iron-on letters at your favorite craft store.