Do you live by your calendar and daily planner? I do!
Being inspired by a friend's kind gift; I found an inexpensive planner in the school supply aisles at the Dollar Tree. I brought it home and altered in my studio colors and it is all ready to go for 2016. Here is what you will need to alter one of your own, to make a gift that someone will appreciate.
Joy Embroidered Iron-On Letters and Numbers: 1-1/2" black letters; 1" high numbers
Monthly planner in plastic cover
12" x 12" double sided patterned cardstock in two coordinating colors
Paper trimmer, scissors
Electronic diecutting machine
Embossing machine (optional)
1. Gather supplies and remove the plastic jacket from the monthly planner.
2. Measure height and width of the planner, then cut out a front, a back and a spine from your cardstock.
3. Adhere to the day planner as shown in the photo below.
4. Now comes the fun part. Embellish the front of the book with die-cuts, embossed papers, rhinestones and the JOY letters. I further embellished the cover with a family photo. This is another opportunity to make it personal.
5. Place a dry pressing cloth over the letters and numbers and use an iron on moderate heat to position the embroidered letters and numbers permanently. I recommend reading the manufacturer's instructions before application.
6. Once you have attached everything and are happy with the cover; carefully tuck it back into the plastic jacket. Papers need to be trimmed to exact measurements of the book or it will not fit back in the jacket.
Here it is, back in the jacket. This will protect all of the beautiful embellishments you have put on your calendar!
Ready for 2016! Well, my planner is ready. MY plan is to enjoy what is remaining of this year and move on to the next inspired project! Cheers!